Address: Room 1106, #13-3 Chang Fang Dong Jun,#111 East RenMin Anvenue, Changsha,Hunan, 410016, China
Mulberry Leaf Extract
Mulberry Leaf Extract
Synonyms--- White mulberry, black mulberry
Chemical Name: (2R,3R,4R,5S)-2-(Hydroxymethyl)-3,4,5-piperidinetriol
Molecular Formula: C6H13NO4
Mol. Wt.: 163.17
Cas No.: 19130-96-2
Morus alba, known as white mulberry (or Morus nigra, known as black mulberry, or other over 10 species), is a short-lived, fast-growing, small to medium sized mulberry tree, which grows to 10–20 feet tall. The species is native to northern
White mulberry leaves, spades shaped, are the preferred feedstock for silkworms, and are also cut for food for livestock (cattle, goats, etc.) in areas where dry seasons restrict the availability of ground vegetation. The leaves were also long used for medicinal purposes. The fruit is 1–
In traditional Chinese medicine, the leaves are considered to be of sweet, bitter and cold properties, which are associated with the liver and lung meridians, and functions to clear lung heat (to manifest as a fever, headache, sore throat or cough) and clear fire in the liver. They are also used to stop bleeding, especially in patients who are vomiting blood. In vitro studies have also shown that decoctions made from fresh mulberry leaves can inhibit the progress of several bacteria, including S. aureus and hemolytics streptococcus. The nearest research shows that mulberry leaves extract with its active compounds glycoprotein (1-Deoxynojirimcin (DNJ)) and polysaccharides, which are a strong Inhibitor of glucosidase I (Ki =
The Mulberry leaf extract used in dietary supplements is derived from the leaves of the plant mulberry trees (Morus alba L.).
• Inhibiting activities againstа-glucosidase;
• Inhibiting activities against а-amylase;
• Inhibiting activities against virus;
• Inhibiting activities against tumor metastasis;
• Blood sugar lowering activities;
• Free radical scavenging activities;
• Immune adjustment activities;
• Weight loss activities by prevent absorption of glucose.
• Antisnake venom property
Refer to the above information.
Mulberry leaf extract is safe, no side effects have been reported to date, but relying on this type of treatment alone, and avoiding conventional medical care, may have serious health consequences.
• The typical dose is 300-900mg per day (usually in 2-3 doses throughout the day).
• Consult physicians for different condition specifics.
GNI’s Mulberry Leaf Extract Features and Benefits:
Mulberry leaf extract is one of GNI's most competitive products, with many advantages as list in the following, produced as our patent-pending process and know-how technology from Morus alba leaves.
• Produced with pure water only
• High purity: over 10%
• NO solvent - residual free
• Browish-Yellow in appearance
• High solubility in water
• High anti-bacteria, and longer shelf life
0.5%, 1%, 2%, 3%, 10% 1-Deoxynojirimcin (DNJ) HPLC;
15% Polysaccharides UV;
5% Total Flavones UV.